If you require a standard or enhanced check you can contact GSAP who will provide you with our ACCESS NI umbrella body PIN number. You can then apply online with AccessNI by going to https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/apply-online-enhanced-check-through-registered-body

Before you start you'll need to register an online account with AccessNI to apply. You must also have with you:

  • the PIN given to you by GSAP
  • your address(es) for the last five years
  • your National Insurance number
  • your driving licence and passport numbers (if you have these documents).
  • After you complete your application it will be forwarded to GSAP (the registered body).  
  •  GSAP will arrange a suitable time for you to call to the office so that we can verify your ID, approve your application and then forward your application to AccessNI for processing.
  • For further guidance you can go to https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/sites/default/files/publications/accessni-guidance-enhanced-check-application-online.pdf

Identity Documentation Required

Three documents should be produced in the name of the applicant; one from Group 1 and two from Group 2.  If this is not possible, then four documents from Group 2 should be produced, one of which being a birth certificate issued after the time of birth.  At least one of these documents should be photographic identification.



Current passport (any nationality)

Birth certificate (UK, ROI, Isle of Man or Channel Islands) issued after time of birth

Biometric Residence Permit (UK)

Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate (UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands)

Current driving licence (UK, ROI, Isle of Man, Channel Islands or any EU country)

HM Forces ID card (UK)

Original birth certificate (UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands) issue at time of birth

National Insurance Card or notification letter with NI number (UK)

Original long form Irish birth certificate –issued at time of registration of birth

Firearms licence (UK and Channel Islands)

Adoption certificate (UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands)

Bank / Building Society Account Confirmation Letter





















Electoral ID card (NI only)

EU National ID card

Cards carrying the PASS Accreditation logo (UK and Channel Islands)

Senior SmartPass (Translink) (NI only)

Current UK driving licence (old paper version)

Examination certificates (16-18 year olds only)

Bank/Building Society Statement (UK or EEA)*

Credit card statement (UK or EEA)*

Utility Bill (UK or ROI)* – not mobile phone

Benefit statement (UK)*

Addressed payslip*

Mortgage statement (UK or EEA)**

Financial statement (UK)**

P45/60 statement (UK and Channel Islands)**

Land and Property Services Agency rates demand (NI only)**

Work Permit/Visa (UK) (UK Residence Permit)**.

Letter from a Head Teacher or Further Education College Principal (16-18 year olds in full time education – only to be used when other documentation routes are exhausted)**






For further information you can contact Lorraine Mc Williams at GSAP on 02871358787 or[email protected]